We offer catalyst-coated tube reactors tailored for continuous flow chemistry. When compared with other common continuous flow reactors (fixed bed, flow slurry,etc.), our catalyst-coated tube reactors offer superior operational parameters including high heat and mass transfer coefficients (up to 100x higher than state of the art), minimal pressure build-dropand excellent residence time control.
We offer the 5m long tubes, 1/16” OD tubes coated with noble metal catalysts such as platinum (Pt), palladium (Pd), ruthenium (Ru), rhodium (Rh) supported over silica (SiO2), zinc oxide (ZnO), carbon and titanium dioxide, titania (TiO2).
The continuous-flow synthesis in catalyst-coated tubes
- Reduce operational costs
- Increase energy efficiency
- Increase yield and selectivity
- Increase safety
- Increase flexibility in the production scale
High heat and mass transfer coefficients
High heat transfer coefficient:
- Excellent control of temperature even for exothermic reactions
- Eliminates the possibility of hot spot formation which leads to catalyst deactivation and by-product formation
High mass transfer coefficient:
- Kinetically-controlled reaction rates (no mass transfer limitations)
- Increased productivity
Low pressure drop
The main problem with fixed bed catalytic reactors is bed densification with time resulting in considerable pressure build up, this then requires catalyst dilution with hard inert material. Also the removal of heat from the reaction zone to the reactor walls creates radial gradients for highly exothermic reactions.
Stoli tube reactors alleviate this problem, resulting in higher product yields.
Excellent Reaction (residence) time control
The reactions are carried out in the of liquid channeling within the reactor in Taylor flow. This results in excellent reaction time control:
- Optimal product selectivity
- Reduced by-product formation
- Synthesis of reaction intermediates